Window sealing tape for interior use
- Easy to work with: extra thin for easy folding in corner areas
- Independently confirmed suitability: tests in accordance with MO-01/1 passed at IFT in Rosenheim (DE)
- Reliable joints in combination with CONTEGA EXO for exterior use
- Fleece side can be plastered over: defined transition between window and/or vapour retarder and plaster
- Flexible application: three adhesive strips for use with timber, masonry or concrete structures
- Construction in adherence with standards: for airtight bonding in accordance with DIN 4108-7, SIA 180 and RT 2012
- Excellent values in the hazardous substance test, has been tested according to the ISO 16000 evaluation scheme
Areas of Application
For interior airtight joints at windows and doors on timber structures, with three adhesive strips.
Photo gallery, Installation: 1. Holzrahmenbau
Photo gallery, Installation: 2. Holzrahmenbau
Photo gallery, Installation: 3. Mauerwerks-/Betonbau
Photo gallery, Installation: 4. Mauerwerks-/Betonbau
The bonds should not be subjected to tensile strain.
Press firmly to secure the adhesive tapes in place. Ensure that there is sufficient resistance pressure.
Airtight seals can only be achieved if the sealing tape is installed free of folds and breaks.
Ventilate continuously and systematically to prevent build-up of excessive humidity; use a dryer if necessary.
When plastering, please observe the recommendations of the plaster manufacturer for non-absorbent subsurfaces. A bonding course may be necessary. If the airtight connection is created straight after plastering, moisture ingress may occur in the thermal insulation or to problems in the order of construction.
Clean subsurfaces before sticking.
Adhesion to frozen surfaces is not possible. There must be no water-repellent substances (e.g. grease or silicone) on materials to be bonded.
The width of the adhesive tape that is to be plastered over should generally not exceed 60 mm (2 3/8") or 50% of the soffit area. Detailed recommendations can be obtained from the relevant plaster producer.
Subsurfaces must be sufficiently dry and stable.
Permanent adhesion is achieved on all pro clima interior membranes and on other vapour retarder and airtight membranes (e.g. those made of PE, PA, PP and aluminium).
Adhesion can be carried out on planed and painted wood, hard plastics, hard wood-based panels (chipboard, OSB and plywood panels).
For bonding joints on masonry or concrete or on rough substrates, use ORCON F.
The best results in terms of structural stability are achieved on high-quality subsurfaces.
It is your responsibility to check the suitability of the subsurface; adhesion tests are recommended in certain cases.
Pretreatment with TESCON PRIMER is recommended in the case of subsurfaces with insufficient stability.
How to obtain the Declaration of Performance (DoP)