For this project, the architect Pau Munar designed a four-storey urban residential building with a unique cork facade. This timber construction house was completed in 2020 and has a sleek, contemporary exterior that nonetheless fits in unobtrusively with its mature surroundings in Palma de Mallorca, the capital of the largest of the Balearic Islands in the Mediterranean. Climate-friendly materials and sustainability were important considerations in the planning and execution of this project. A cross-laminated timber (CLT) structure was chosen to achieve optimal results in terms of both noise insulation and the prevention of excessively warm indoor climates in summertime.
- Construction of the CLT structure: Altermateria
- Construction contractor: Dayrom proyectos y construcciones S.L.
- Engineers: Quantum projects
- Construction supervision architect: Esther Boluda
- Climate-friendly materials: ECOCREAMOS Eduardo Ramos